Table of Contents
Elevate your wine experience with the best wine shop in Singapore. Explore a curated selection of exquisite wines, sourced from around the world, at our recommended establishment. Whether you’re a connoisseur or a novice, our wine shop offers a diverse range of varietals and vintages to suit every palate. Immerse yourself in a world of rich flavors, aromas, and textures, guided by knowledgeable staff passionate about wine. From special occasions to casual evenings, find the perfect bottle to complement any moment. Trust in the excellence of our recommended wine shop, where each bottle tells a unique story of craftsmanship and terroir. Unveil the finest in the world of wine right here in Singapore.
Key Consideration Factors
At Sureclean, we understand the importance of providing our readers with accurate and reliable information. That’s why we take our selection process seriously when it comes to identifying the best companies in a particular field. One of the key considerations we take into account when creating our list is Google and Facebook ratings. By evaluating the feedback from real customers, we can ensure that our readers have access to trustworthy and unbiased reviews. These ratings give us insight into the overall satisfaction of a company’s customers, as well as the quality of their services.
Best Wine Shop in Singapore
Le Vigne Wines & Spirits
Le Vigne Wines & Spirits, founded in 2002 by industry specialist Patricia Britton, has established itself as a leading wine shop in Singapore. With years of experience under its belt, Le Vigne has become a go-to resource for individuals and organizations seeking assistance with event planning and management. Renowned for its extensive selection of wines, whiskies, rums, gins, and other spirits, Le Vigne is highly regarded for its expertise in making excellent recommendations.
Moreover, their comprehensive offerings extend beyond beverages to include glassware, ensuring that customers have access to everything they need for a memorable drinking experience. As industry veterans, Le Vigne also shares their knowledge and passion through training sessions for the F&B industry. Additionally, they offer consultation services to restaurants, helping them create exceptional wine and food pairings and optimize their wine and spirits menus.
|72 Namly Place, Singapore 267220
|65 6314 1597
|Weekdays 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
Weekends 12 pm – 6:30 pm
>>What we like about it
- Expertise in event budgeting and management
- Provides training for the F&B industry
- Offers consultation to restaurants for wine and food pairing
“Wide selection of whiskies and wine for retail purchase. Excellent service from staff. We had a good group whisky tasting session with finger food like nice cheeses, sausages etc” -Andrew (Google review)
Oak & Barrel
Oak and Barrel was established by its owners who share a passion for exquisite wine, aiming to cater to individuals who appreciate top-notch beverages. By establishing direct partnerships and importing directly from brand principals, they ensure that every bottle they offer is of the highest quality, reaching its peak potential. What sets Oak and Barrel apart is their commitment to selling these premium drinks at a fraction of their retail price. This allows customers to indulge in luxurious libations without breaking the bank making it one of the best wine shops in Singapore. Whether your preference lies in wine, champagne, spirits, beer, or even cocktails, Oak and Barrel guarantees to fulfill your cravings for exceptional alcoholic beverages.
Not only do Oak and Barrel excel in providing remarkable drinks, but they also excel in their delivery service throughout all parts of Singapore, extending their reach even to the most remote and sparsely populated areas. Their dedicated team ensures swift and efficient delivery, bringing your chosen libations directly to your doorstep. This exceptional service allows customers to relax in the comfort of their own homes while Oak and Barrel take care of delivering their preferred drinks promptly and reliably. Whether you reside in the heart of the city or in a secluded corner of the country, Oak and Barrel is committed to ensuring that your thirst for exceptional alcoholic beverages is quenched.
|18 Sin Ming Ln, #05-09/10 Midview City, Singapore 573960
|65 9235 9843
|Weekdays 9 am – 5:30 pm
Sat 10 am – 11:30 am
>>What we like about it
- Direct imports from brand principals
- Offers premium drinks at a fraction of the retail price
- Delivers to all parts of Singapore
“Great service, quick delivery. Wide range of selection with a reasonable price. Will order again~!” -Ian (Google review)uthenticity and high quality wine experience to each customer.” -Kasi Moli (Google review)
1855 The Bottle Shop
1855 The Bottle Shop is Singapore’s premier wine shop in Singapore for spirit enthusiasts of all levels, catering to both beginners and connoisseurs. Boasting an extensive collection of over 1,000 premium labels, this specialist retailer offers a meticulously curated selection of exceptional pours from around the globe, with many exclusive to 1855 The Bottle Shop. No matter your taste or the occasion, their shelves are stocked with an array of fitting bottles, ranging from the timeless classics of renowned Bordeaux châteaux to the cutting-edge creations of contemporary wineries.
To enhance your shopping experience, personalized recommendations are available both online and at any of their retail outlets scattered across the island. Drawing inspiration from a library setting, where bottles replace books on the shelves, patrons are warmly invited to delve into the captivating narratives behind each label.
|Office: 120 Lower Delta Road #16-01 Cendex Centre Singapore 169208
|65 9636 1855
|Weekdays 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
>>What we like about it
- Over 1,000 premium labels available
- Offers personalized recommendations
- Inspired by a library concept with bottles on shelves
“A conveniently located wine shop at Sixth Avenue. The shop carries a wide selection of both new and old world wines with a very wide price range to suit all drinkers. Zarchi, the sales lady, was very helpful to a beer drinker like me in selecting the wines.” -William (Google review)ee packaging sizes, so you can be sure of what you are buying.” -Nandini (Google review)
eWine Asia revolutionizes the process of selecting the perfect wine to match your taste preferences. Whether you’re seeking a beverage for a tranquil evening or gearing up for a joyous celebration with friends, this platform offers a diverse range of options to cater to your needs. With their innovative category system, you can effortlessly explore their shop and tailor your search based on specific criteria.
From the producer and age of the wine to the desired type of grape, eWine Asia puts all the choices at your fingertips making it one of the best wine shops in Singapore. While their name aptly reflects their online-centric approach, they also provide a physical store for those who wish to indulge in wine-tasting sessions or participate in master classes.
|100E Pasir Panjang Rd, #08-03 B&D Building, Singapore 118521
|65 6222 3977
|Weekdays 9 am – 6 pm
>>What we like about it
- Online platform with physical store option
- Wine tasting opportunities
- Master classes available
“Came across an ad from ewineasia with a masterclass. Was wondering if the 4 samples of wine will be fresh and still good by the time of the class. The wine samples got delivered a few hours before the class. The class was very informative and well executed (through zoom) and the wines was so good I had to buy 2 bottles. Signed up for their next class too!” -Josh (Google review)
The Leopold Group is a multifaceted business, with Vinothek Leopold being a prominent component. Renowned as one of the best wine shop in Singapore and premier importers and distributors of fine wines and spirits from Europe, Vinothek Leopold offers an impressive selection sourced from Austria, Italy, France, and Spain. These exceptional wines and spirits are regularly supplied to restaurants, corporate events, and private customers, ensuring that discerning individuals can enjoy the finest beverages.
Furthermore, as part of their diverse operations, the Leopold Group encompasses a gastro bar that can accommodate up to 40 patrons. This inviting venue showcases an extensive menu that beautifully pairs its expansive range of wines and spirits with flavors inspired by the culinary traditions of Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.
|96 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore 088517
|65 6534 7644
|Daily 5 pm – 1 am
>>What we like about it
- Gastrobar with seating capacity for 40 people
- Emphasis on flavors from the Austrian-German-Swiss region
- Immersive gastronomic experience
“Leopold has a drink selection that would make any mixologist green with envy. From classic cocktails with a twist to innovative concoctions that defy the laws of gravity, their drink menu is a playground for the adventurous soul. I had the pleasure of sipping on their “Whiskey – Leopold / Farthofer”, and let me tell you, the whiskey was so good – that I didn’t stop at just one glass and i still think about enjoying the drink in the middle of singapore.” -CM G (Google review)
What Are the Popular Wines in Singapore
- Champagne: Known for its effervescence and elegance, Champagne is a favorite choice for celebrations and special occasions.
- Sauvignon Blanc: This aromatic white wine offers vibrant flavors of citrus, tropical fruits, and herbs, making it a versatile pairing with Singapore’s diverse cuisine.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: A full-bodied red wine with rich flavors of dark fruits, velvety textures, and well-integrated tannins, perfect for pairing with hearty meats and cheeses.
- Merlot: Another popular red wine, Merlot offers smoothness, plum flavors, and a softer profile, making it an approachable option for many wine lovers.
- Riesling: With its delightful balance between acidity and sweetness, Riesling wines feature flavors of stone fruits, floral notes, and a refreshing finish. Ideal for pairing with Asian dishes.
- Rosé: Pale pink in color, rosé wines are refreshing and versatile, offering a wide range of flavors. They are often enjoyed as aperitifs or paired with light salads, seafood, and grilled meats.
- Pinot Noir: This light to medium-bodied red wine is known for its delicate flavors of red berries, earthy undertones, and silky texture.
- Chardonnay: A popular white wine with a range of styles, Chardonnay can be oaky and rich or crisp and refreshing, offering flavors of tropical fruits, butter, and vanilla.
- Malbec: Known for its deep purple color and robust flavors of black fruits and spices, Malbec is a bold red wine choice that pairs well with grilled meats and barbecues.
- Shiraz/Syrah: These red wines offer bold flavors of blackberry, black pepper, and smoky undertones, making them an excellent match for flavorful and spicy dishes.
- Prosecco: An Italian sparkling wine, Prosecco is known for its lively bubbles, crispness, and fruity flavors. It’s a popular choice for casual celebrations and gatherings.
- Sangiovese: This red wine, primarily associated with Italian Chianti, features flavors of cherries, herbs, and earthy notes, making it a versatile option for various cuisines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any restrictions on buying wine in Singapore?
Yes, the legal drinking age in Singapore is 18 years old. Additionally, certain licenses and permits may be required to sell alcohol in Singapore.
How should I store wine in Singapore’s climate?
It’s important to store wine in a cool, dark, and stable environment, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. Consider investing in a wine fridge or cellar if you plan to keep wines for a longer period.
How do I select a wine that pairs well with Asian cuisine?
When pairing wine with Asian cuisine, consider lighter-bodied wines with acidity, such as Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc for seafood dishes, and red wines like Pinot Noir or Shiraz for spicier fare.
What is the difference between red, white, and rosé wines?
Red wines are made from red or black grapes, with the skins left on during fermentation, giving them their rich color. White wines are typically made from white or green grapes, with the skins removed. Rosé wines are made by allowing the grape skins to macerate with the juice for a short time, resulting in a pink hue.
How long can I keep wine after opening a bottle?
Once opened, most wines can be enjoyed for a few days to a week if properly stored in the refrigerator with an airtight closure or vacuum pump.